Introducing the world’s easiest side dish! Roasted simply with salt, pepper, olive oil and curry powder, these rainbow carrots are a perfect accompaniment to any hearty main dish.
Rainbow carrots tend to have a sweeter, earthier taste and slightly softer texture than the packaged carrots you’ll find in the supermarket. They have enough flavor to stand on their own (no watery carrots here!), so they’re perfect for roasting. I also like using them in recipes like Sweet Potato and Carrot Puree.
Simple Curry Roasted Carrots
Servings: 2 side dish servings
- 6 large rainbow carrots
- 1 TBL extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp curry spice blend (I use Rupen’s Instant Curry Mix)
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Wash and peel the carrots, and arrange on a lightly greased baking sheet
- Drizzle with the olive oil, and sprinkle the curry spice blend evenly over the carrots. Season with a generous pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Roast on the bottom rack of your oven for 20-25 minutes, giving them a quick stir after 15 minutes. When they’re just soft enough to pierce with a fork, remove from the oven and serve