We’ve been on a Mediterranean food kick, so I decided to try my hand at hummus!
I had never made hummus, but I felt strangely determined not to use a recipe for my first batch. So, I threw together all of the ingredients that I assumed to be in a traditional hummus dip, added a little bit of this, and a little bit of that, and voila! My basic hummus recipe was born.
I’m already starting to imagine lots of variations on this basic recipe, so keep an eye out for more flavor combinations in the future!
Quick and Easy Hummus
Servings: About 2 cups of hummus
- 1 can chickpeas (15.5 oz)
- 3 TBL tahini
- 3 TBL extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- Rinse the chickpeas well, then combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until very smooth
- Add more olive oil or water to thin, if desired, and more spices to suit your personal taste
- Top with a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of smoked paprika, and pine nuts, and serve with warm bread, vegetables, or chips
1 thought on “Quick and Easy Hummus”