I don’t like coffee. Wait! Don’t leave just yet! This mocha hot fudge sauce is my compromise for the wonderful world of coffee lovers out there (including my husband, Tyler). Plus, it’s vegan!
This sauce would pair perfectly with ice cream, brownies, or pound cake (perhaps with a bit of coconut whipped cream on top)!
Mocha Hot Fudge Sauce
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (14 oz)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 TBL espresso (already brewed)
- 2 TBL coconut sugar (honey or maple syrup would work as well)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBL smooth peanut butter
- Pinch sea salt
- Combine coconut milk, cocoa powder, espresso, and coconut sugar in a saucepan over medium/low heat
- Cook, stirring gently, for 3-4 minutes, or until the sauce almost boils
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla, peanut butter and sea salt
- Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Can be served warm or cold